Architectonic concrete means made-to-measure with an eye to the smallest details. You can count on SVK's expertise and craftsmanship to make a difference.
The Gigant façade elements in architectonic ornamental concrete offer the possibility of combining attractive architecture with a beautiful finish without losing sight of technical functionality. The array of form, colours and finishes is virtually limitless. As a building material, architectonic concrete is thus extremely suitable for façade cladding, terraces, window sills and door thresholds, cornices and other decorative elements.
- Wide range of colours
The many natural colours of granules and sands combined in specific ratios allow for an extensive colour spectrum.
- Unlimited creative design
Architectonic concrete is made-to-measure. Freshly poured ornamental concrete can take on any form of mould it is poured into thus making the design possibilities virtually endless.
- Strict control of colour stability
Powder has been replaced by a paste for colouring with UV-resistant pigments. When a colour combination is requested which cannot be created with the colours available with natural sand and granules alone, an even greater control of colour stability can be obtained. All our granules and sand are stored in covered silos to ensure stable moisture content and to prevent any risk of contamination.
- Surprising finishes
Etched, polished, rinsed or smooth: the choice is yours. Concrete with the same colour combination will have a completely different appearance depending on the surface treatment.
- Extensive range of surface relief
The use of contoured rubber mats in the formwork gives the concrete a unique surface relief, such as rock structures, a muddy structure or whatever else the designer may have in mind.
- Transparent project management
SVK takes on each project as a partnership and ensures transparent project management: from the design phase, research work and engineering to the final mounting on the site.
- No long-term storage on the site In agreement with the contractor, the elements can be delivered JUST IN TIME, making long-term storage on the site unnecessary and allowing immediate resumption with other works.
There is a choice between several techniques for treating the surface area of the visible side of the SVK Gigant ornamental concrete elements. If so desired, these techniques can be combined, such as an etched terrace with a lightly rinsed tread (extra anti-slip) combined with a polished front panel.
- Etched concrete After 7 days, the visible surface area is immersed in an acid bath which etches away the cement layer. This exposes the tips of the granules as well as the 'fine fractions'. The choice of cement, sand and granules will determine the obtained aesthetic aspect.
- Rinsed concrete
The visible surface area is rinsed with water the day after pouring, rinsing away the cement layer and exposing the grainy structure. The selected round or broken natural stone grains become visible.
- Polished concrete
After hardening, 2-5 mm of the smooth poured visible surface area is polished with a diamond polisher. The air bubbles released are filled and the concrete is then polished in up to 4 phases. The number of phases depends on the desired level of smoothness.
- Smooth concrete The visible surface area receives no further treatment after pouring. The colour of the cement and sand particles determines the final colour of the concrete.
- Concrete with façade cladding
Façade cladding is first placed in the formwork and then fastened onto the poured concrete with a special adhesive layer. This gives the concrete elements the appearance of stonework. Joining can be carried out either at the factory or on site by the contractor.
- Concrete with ceramic tiles, natural stone, etc.
In the factory, the concrete is mixed with tiles or other materials of various dimensions.
The SVK Gigant façade elements in ornamental concrete comply with European standards as well as PTV 21-601. The architectonic concrete manufacturing department is KOMO certified (product certificate no. K14513).
SVK gives a 10-year warranty on the Gigant elements in architectonic concrete.